RE: [Cadillac_Performance_Association] 472 knock when starting

  • John Brody
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 9, 2003
      If you replaced the timing set, did you use the original bolts? I've
      heard of a knock coming from using bolts that are a little too long,
      slapping the block from the cam gear. Maybe this is happening at
      startup until it gets settled into the right position (?).

      John

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 9, 2003
        I'm sure that this isnt youre problem, but I had this strange knock
        once that turned out to be loose torque converter bolts. I pulled a
        nice 455 Pontiac in My Trans-Am thinking it was a rod knock(evrybody
        else thought so too)turned out it was just the torque converter
        bolts. Always check this when trying to find the source of a knock
        that comes and goes depending on engine load.

        --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "John Brody"