Re: [Cadillac_Performance_Association] Someone help me please

  • JOEOILER@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 4, 2003
      In a message dated 6/4/03 10:19:22 PM Central Daylight Time, matthewschram@... writes:

      matthewschram@...

      Matthew,
      Here's the info; please note that the Cadillac's cylinder numbering as well as firing order are different from other GM products.

      Firing order:
      1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8

      Diver's side cylinder numbering:
      2-4-6-8 front to back

      Passenger's side:
      1-3-5-7 front to back

      In a 1976 500 (HEI) the number one wire should be at about the 10:30 position on the distributor (looking from the front).  Number one goes onto the first post clockwise from your battery/tach terminals.  Batt/Tach terminals face at about 9:30.

      Good luck,
      Joe
    • JOEOILER@AOL.COM
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 4, 2003
        Oops, almost forgot:
        Distributor turns clockwise.
      • Scott Pearson
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 5, 2003
          For future reference, the firing order is stamped on the intake manifold.

          - Scott