Someone help me please

  • Matt Schram
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 4, 2003
      I need help bad.
      A friend of mine is using an old Caddy 500 engine out of a 1976
      Cadillac Eldorado.
      We need the spark plug firing order. I mean..the order that the
      wires go into the plugs. This engine was pulled from an old beat up
      Cadillac and has been sitting about a year...it's almost brought
      back to life. Just need a few details worked out.
      Thanks so much to anyone that replies. I can be reached at
      matthewschram@...
    • JOEOILER@AOL.COM
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 4, 2003
        In a message dated 6/4/03 10:19:22 PM Central Daylight Time, matthewschram@... writes:

        matthewschram@...

        Matthew,
        Here's the info; please note that the Cadillac's cylinder numbering as well as firing order are different from other GM products.

        Firing order:
        1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8

        Diver's side cylinder numbering:
        2-4-6-8 front to back

        Passenger's side:
        1-3-5-7 front to back

        In a 1976 500 (HEI) the number one wire should be at about the 10:30 position on the distributor (looking from the front).  Number one goes onto the first post clockwise from your battery/tach terminals.  Batt/Tach terminals face at about 9:30.

        Good luck,
        Joe
      • JOEOILER@AOL.COM
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 4, 2003
          Oops, almost forgot:
          Distributor turns clockwise.
        • Scott Pearson
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 5, 2003
            For future reference, the firing order is stamped on the intake manifold.

            - Scott