Re: Ford FE rockers on Cadillac ?

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 3, 2003
      Punisher,
      Yes, they modify the ford rockers to oil from the pushrod.
      Not sure 'bout the buick deal. If you have access to machine
      shop stuff, I'm sure you can do it. For me, it was a better
      deal to buy from RAS.
      Good luck, and tell us how you make out.
      Dave

      _454" <punisher454@h...> wrote:
      > I definatly be going with the ford rockers, I prefer high ratio's
      > low anyday!
      > When the time comes I'll most likely end up going with the RA
      > specialties setup, but in the meantime I might try to aquire an FE
      > shaft assembly and do a bit of experimenting. I do get an extra
      bit
      > of satisfaction from fabricating stuff for myself. It looks like
      the
      > oiling may be one of the more complex issues? I can think of a few
      > solutions. Does the RA specialties setup drill the rocker arms for
      > pushrod supplied oiling? looks like a gundrilled shaft might also
      > work if you wallow out the hole around the pedastal bolts so that
      oil
      > flows around the bolt (dremel could do this easly). tap into the
      > upper oilgalley and run a small hardline up to the shaft would be
      > simple (but not so elegant as through the pushrods).
      > I'll start playing around with it sometime in july or august when
      > have more time.
      > Thanks for the info on the RA specialties setup. It looks a lot
      of
      > guys are runnin them.
      >
      > The Punisher
      >

      > --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "david
      > brode" <dbrode@h...> wrote:
      > > Punisher,
      > >
      > > Custom shafts and stands are needed for both the stamped
      > > Buick rockers and the iron fords. Rocker arm specialiies
      > > does it all. A fellow could build his own, but I doubt
      > > that it'd be worth the hassle.
      > >
      > > Btw - the ratios are a bit different on both the Buick
      > > and Ford setup. Lift at the valve is different than with
      > > Caddy rockers. Ford = more lift, Buick = less.
      > > Dave

    • the_punisher_454
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 3, 2003
        Thanks I'll let you all know what I figure out When I get around to
        trying it. Unfortunatly I wont be replying to anyfurtherposts untill
        sometime in July. I'll be without internet access at home for the
        rest of theis month starting tomorrow. Thanks.
        Marvin Fugate (The Punisher)