Re: Ford FE rockers on Cadillac ?

  • the_punisher_454
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 3, 2003
      I definatly be going with the ford rockers, I prefer high ratio's to
      low anyday!
      When the time comes I'll most likely end up going with the RA
      specialties setup, but in the meantime I might try to aquire an FE
      shaft assembly and do a bit of experimenting. I do get an extra bit
      of satisfaction from fabricating stuff for myself. It looks like the
      oiling may be one of the more complex issues? I can think of a few
      solutions. Does the RA specialties setup drill the rocker arms for
      pushrod supplied oiling? looks like a gundrilled shaft might also
      work if you wallow out the hole around the pedastal bolts so that oil
      flows around the bolt (dremel could do this easly). tap into the
      upper oilgalley and run a small hardline up to the shaft would be
      simple (but not so elegant as through the pushrods).
      I'll start playing around with it sometime in july or august when I
      have more time.
      Thanks for the info on the RA specialties setup. It looks a lot of
      guys are runnin them.

      The Punisher

      --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "david

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 3, 2003
        Punisher,
        Yes, they modify the ford rockers to oil from the pushrod.
        Not sure 'bout the buick deal. If you have access to machine
        shop stuff, I'm sure you can do it. For me, it was a better
        deal to buy from RAS.
        Good luck, and tell us how you make out.
        Dave

        _454" <punisher454@h...> wrote:
        > I definatly be going with the ford rockers, I prefer high ratio's
        > low anyday!
        > When the time comes I'll most likely end up going with the RA
        > specialties setup, but in the meantime I might try to aquire an FE
        > shaft assembly and do a bit of experimenting. I do get an extra
        bit
        > of satisfaction from fabricating stuff for myself. It looks like
        the
        > oiling may be one of the more complex issues? I can think of a few
        > solutions. Does the RA specialties setup drill the rocker arms for
        > pushrod supplied oiling? looks like a gundrilled shaft might also
        > work if you wallow out the hole around the pedastal bolts so that
        oil
        > flows around the bolt (dremel could do this easly). tap into the
        > upper oilgalley and run a small hardline up to the shaft would be
        > simple (but not so elegant as through the pushrods).
        > I'll start playing around with it sometime in july or august when
        > have more time.
        > Thanks for the info on the RA specialties setup. It looks a lot
        of
        > guys are runnin them.
        >
        > The Punisher
        >

        > --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "david
        > brode" <dbrode@h...> wrote:
        > > Punisher,
        > >
        > > Custom shafts and stands are needed for both the stamped
        > > Buick rockers and the iron fords. Rocker arm specialiies
        > > does it all. A fellow could build his own, but I doubt
        > > that it'd be worth the hassle.
        > >
        > > Btw - the ratios are a bit different on both the Buick
        > > and Ford setup. Lift at the valve is different than with
        > > Caddy rockers. Ford = more lift, Buick = less.
        > > Dave

      • the_punisher_454
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 3, 2003
          Thanks I'll let you all know what I figure out When I get around to
          trying it. Unfortunatly I wont be replying to anyfurtherposts untill
          sometime in July. I'll be without internet access at home for the
          rest of theis month starting tomorrow. Thanks.
          Marvin Fugate (The Punisher)