Re: 500 caddy & TH400 swap for '69 C/10 chevy 2wd lwb

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 3, 2003
      zenishus,
      I used Hooker headers for the truck chassis. I had flanges cut
      to fit the caddy heads. Hacked the chevy flanges off, and fit
      the caddy flanges. I have some extra pairs of flanges if you
      need them. 3/8" steel.
      Dave

      " <rkirbyn@e...> wrote:
      > dave,where'd you get headers for a 500 in an early chevy truck?
    • zenishus
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 3, 2003
        did the headers clear everything?the cads a little wider.how much for
        the flanges?
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 3, 2003
          zenishus,

          > did the headers clear everything?the cads a little wider.

          They did, but I cut the firewall back at the rear of the
          drivers side head to allow me to move the engine back a bit.
          Not sure if they would have cleared the lower control arms
          if not.

          > how much for the flanges?

          $40 a pair + shipping. Ping me off group if you want a pic.