472/500 Motor Mount Plates

  • Bob AJ
    Message 1 of 4 , May 15, 2003

      To All,

      I am currently converting a 77 Chevy � ton crew cab truck to 472 Cadillac power.  I am planning to use 3/8" plates (7" x 7") pre-drilled for the cross member mounts.  Do any of you have a template or have the offset dimensions from the cross member mount location or Chevy motor mount centerline to Cadillac motor mount centerline location?  I have read online that vertical slots to locate the Cadillac mount(s) are preferred any suggestions.  I plan on using the one-piece mount as opposed to the two-piece type. Any information or tips will be greatly appreciated.

      Thanks Bob

    • zenishus
      Message 2 of 4 , May 16, 2003
        > on my 1980 1/2 ton i took the frame brackets loose,swapped them
        side for side and drilled and remounted them under the cad mounts.i
        had to swap sides on the brackets so all the bolt holes would hit the
        crossmember.i think using plates that they would sag after a while.