Performance Parts for 390 & 429 Caddy Engines

  • ja70cad
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22, 2002
      Thanks to Bernard for posting this info on the MTS Message Board.

      As far as I know there are no hot rod parts for the '63 390 and the
      closely related '64-'67 429. This is a completely different engine
      family from the '49-'62 Cad even though the '63 is 390 cu in too.
      There were a lot of hot rod parts for the '49-'62 Cad engine back in
      the day. This engine family along with the smaller & less
      powerful '49 Olds was the first modern production(OHV) V-8, which
      grew from 331 to 390 in its final '62 appearance, and was accordingly
      extensively raced (until the small block Chevy made its appearance
      in '55). Look at Ebay for Dual Quad manifolds, cams, heads etc. Also
      Hemmings.