Greetings

  • smith
    Message 1 of 5 , May 14, 2003
      Hello everybody, I have a 57 Cadillac Coupe Deville. And I want to
      swap engines and transmission, from an 81 Z28 (350 stock), to the
      caddy. is that possible?
    • Scott Pearson
      Message 2 of 5 , May 14, 2003
        Sure, it's possible. Why not put a Cad 500 in it though? Would be more
        fitting to the car.

        That's a lot of car to move around with a stock small block, especially the
        anemic engines of the early 80's.

        - Scott
        Message 3 of 5 , May 14, 2003
          Yeah, and when you swap a CADDY MOTOR, into that Camerslo, throw the 350
          away, it's a boat anchor.

          P.S. I know what he's talking about, I'm just not going to condone a swap of
          that nature. I have a 509" I'll sell ya. Laterz. (All in good fun) ;)

          Jay Warfel
          Muncie, IN
          66 Cadrolet
          The Mongoose

        • John Brody
          Message 4 of 5 , May 14, 2003
            I don't mean to sound like an ass, but why not go on a Buick Grand
            National forum and ask about swapping in a Ford Focus ZTec? Nothing
            wrong with the engine, I guess, but just because you have it doesn't
            mean it's the right thing to use.

            Seriously, I think you'll find a lot more help (and a lot less flames)
            on a board that specializes in 350 swaps. There are guys here that
            could tell you how to swap a Caddy into a hundred different cars
            (Malibu, Monte, Mustang, Corvair, Fiat, probably almost any other year
            of Caddy, etc.), but you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone on this board
            who's ever swapped a SBC into a Cad.

            John
          • Scott Pearson
            Message 5 of 5 , May 15, 2003