Re: 1970 DeVille header and exhaust question

  • mroskothen
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 23, 2003
      You have to cut and weld the cross member.The
      > gas tank is offset so the resonator on the pass side
      > is a tight fit.Meaning it don,t.There is smaller ones

      Do you have more details about the cross member? Any pictures?

      Another poster mentioned a company called 'flash'. Is there a phone
      number or a website? I checked MTS (http://www.500cid.com/) but I
      don't know yet whether they fit. I found one person who said that
      these headers will give you only around 10hp.

      Markus
    • bill lutzius
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 23, 2003
        The cross member that supports the transmission has a
        bend on the driver side so the exhaust pipe can pass
        by.What my muffer guy did was remove the cross member
        and cut out a part of the pass side and welded a cross
        section of 6 inch channel steel.So now it has room for
        a exhaust pipe on the pass side.I left off the
        resonators because the stock ones are pretty big and
        like i said it would not fit on the pass side because
        the gas tank is not centered in the car.I wish i had
        them.There are smaller ones and i would use them.I
        think i get 2 mpg better.Before the car went around
        105 mph ,now it hits 115 mph on the same road.Its
        running cooler i think.So its worth doing.I,d get some
        walker muffers or marymount muffers if i had to do it
        again.I,ll try to send a pic.Good luck cadillac
        brother.

        http://search.yahoo.com