Re: [Cadillac_Performance_Association] 1970 DeVille header and exhaust question

  • caddycarlo
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 23, 2003
      i think flash has headers that will go right on the car no cutting needed.
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 23, 2003
        You have to cut and weld the cross member.The
        > gas tank is offset so the resonator on the pass side
        > is a tight fit.Meaning it don,t.There is smaller ones

        Do you have more details about the cross member? Any pictures?

        Another poster mentioned a company called 'flash'. Is there a phone
        number or a website? I checked MTS (http://www.500cid.com/) but I
        don't know yet whether they fit. I found one person who said that
        these headers will give you only around 10hp.

        Markus
      • bill lutzius
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 23, 2003
          The cross member that supports the transmission has a
          bend on the driver side so the exhaust pipe can pass
          by.What my muffer guy did was remove the cross member
          and cut out a part of the pass side and welded a cross
          section of 6 inch channel steel.So now it has room for
          a exhaust pipe on the pass side.I left off the
          resonators because the stock ones are pretty big and
          like i said it would not fit on the pass side because
          the gas tank is not centered in the car.I wish i had
          them.There are smaller ones and i would use them.I
          think i get 2 mpg better.Before the car went around
          105 mph ,now it hits 115 mph on the same road.Its
          running cooler i think.So its worth doing.I,d get some
          walker muffers or marymount muffers if i had to do it
          again.I,ll try to send a pic.Good luck cadillac
          brother.

          http://search.yahoo.com