Re: Fiatillac

  • William Lucke
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 21, 2003
      > From: JOHN WAYNE <jhnwyne111@...>
      >Subject: Re: Fiatillac
      >
      >scott,
      >
      > >I cant take all the credit for this one, I found this project
      >allready started in the back of an old body shop that I had an oil
      >burner service call at. The body was allready widened and the frame
      >welded. It had solid bars to hold up the a.frame so put in tortion bars
      >backwards for suspention, I had the engine laying around looking for a
      >place to go, and the headers were a real project. This car would be
      >cool if it were driveable, handles and drives fine when your not
      >excelorating, but touch the fuel even at 50 and the wheels come up. I
      >think the backwards tortion bars are working against me.

      What exactly do you mean "the wheels come up"? Do you mean that it squats a
      LOT and lifts the front a lot, or do the front tires actually come off the
      ground?

      Do you have any detailed pics of the suspension? I might be able to help
      you tweak it.

      Will
    • JOHN WAYNE
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 27, 2003
        Will,
        Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, rough week, yes the wheels
        come off the ground, i tried weight in the front end but no good,
        cranked up on the tortion bars to put more pressure on the front but i
        think a losing battle, car is to short and light for it to be a
        realistic project. have ran it on the street a couple times, and take
        off slow or hurt yourself,,,,lol..its realy hard to discribe, but if
        you are not going atv least 50 and where to give it to her youd flip.

        http://search.yahoo.com