Re: [Cadillac_Performance_Association] Fiatillac

  • Scott Pearson
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 16, 2003
      That thing is almost as insane as it is cool! What ever gave you the idea to
      do that?

      Scott

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 16, 2003
        Great job on the Fiatillac; I liked the custom headers too, lots of
        welding there! I like different conversions and similar projects
        like that, I have always worked on antique cars and projects myself,
        I know a lot of work went into it.

        hottrod
      • JOHN WAYNE
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 20, 2003
          scott,

          >I cant take all the credit for this one, I found this project
          allready started in the back of an old body shop that I had an oil
          burner service call at. The body was allready widened and the frame
          welded. It had solid bars to hold up the a.frame so put in tortion bars
          backwards for suspention, I had the engine laying around looking for a
          place to go, and the headers were a real project. This car would be
          cool if it were driveable, handles and drives fine when your not
          excelorating, but touch the fuel even at 50 and the wheels come up. I
          think the backwards tortion bars are working against me.

          --- Scott Pearson <mrcad472@...> wrote:
          > That thing is almost as insane as it is cool! What ever gave you the
          > idea to
          > do that?
          >
          > Scott

          http://search.yahoo.com
        • William Lucke
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 21, 2003
            > From: JOHN WAYNE <jhnwyne111@...>
            >Subject: Re: Fiatillac
            >
            >scott,
            >
            > >I cant take all the credit for this one, I found this project
            >allready started in the back of an old body shop that I had an oil
            >burner service call at. The body was allready widened and the frame
            >welded. It had solid bars to hold up the a.frame so put in tortion bars
            >backwards for suspention, I had the engine laying around looking for a
            >place to go, and the headers were a real project. This car would be
            >cool if it were driveable, handles and drives fine when your not
            >excelorating, but touch the fuel even at 50 and the wheels come up. I
            >think the backwards tortion bars are working against me.

            What exactly do you mean "the wheels come up"? Do you mean that it squats a
            LOT and lifts the front a lot, or do the front tires actually come off the
            ground?

            Do you have any detailed pics of the suspension? I might be able to help
            you tweak it.

            Will
          • JOHN WAYNE
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 27, 2003
              Will,
              Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, rough week, yes the wheels
              come off the ground, i tried weight in the front end but no good,
              cranked up on the tortion bars to put more pressure on the front but i
              think a losing battle, car is to short and light for it to be a
              realistic project. have ran it on the street a couple times, and take
              off slow or hurt yourself,,,,lol..its realy hard to discribe, but if
              you are not going atv least 50 and where to give it to her youd flip.

              http://search.yahoo.com