Fiatillac

  • jhnwyne111
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 15, 2003
      I have posted the pics of the fiatillac, Thanks much for the
      information on my chevy project and the dating of the 500.

      A few notes on the fiatillac....The drive system is very simple, it is
      the complete drive train from an eldorado with the tortion bars turned
      around (well its a little more than that but thats basically it)
      Unbelievably fast!
    • superted60
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 15, 2003
        Well now I seen almost everything.
        Thanks
        TED

        --- In
        Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "jhnwyne111"
        <jhnwyne111@y...> wrote:
        > I have posted the pics of the fiatillac, Thanks much for the
        > information on my chevy project and the dating of the 500.
        >
        > A few notes on the fiatillac....The drive system is very simple,
        it is
        > the complete drive train from an eldorado with the tortion bars
        turned
        > around (well its a little more than that but thats basically it)
        > Unbelievably fast!
      • Scott Pearson
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 16, 2003
          That thing is almost as insane as it is cool! What ever gave you the idea to
          do that?

          Scott

          > I have posted the pics of the fiatillac, Thanks much for the
          > information on my chevy project and the dating of the 500.
          >
          > A few notes on the fiatillac....The drive system is very simple, it is
          > the complete drive train from an eldorado with the tortion bars turned
          > around (well its a little more than that but thats basically it)
          > Unbelievably fast!

        • hottrod41
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 16, 2003
            Great job on the Fiatillac; I liked the custom headers too, lots of
            welding there! I like different conversions and similar projects
            like that, I have always worked on antique cars and projects myself,
            I know a lot of work went into it.

            hottrod
          • JOHN WAYNE
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 20, 2003
              scott,

              >I cant take all the credit for this one, I found this project
              allready started in the back of an old body shop that I had an oil
              burner service call at. The body was allready widened and the frame
              welded. It had solid bars to hold up the a.frame so put in tortion bars
              backwards for suspention, I had the engine laying around looking for a
              place to go, and the headers were a real project. This car would be
              cool if it were driveable, handles and drives fine when your not
              excelorating, but touch the fuel even at 50 and the wheels come up. I
              think the backwards tortion bars are working against me.

              --- Scott Pearson <mrcad472@...> wrote:
              > That thing is almost as insane as it is cool! What ever gave you the
              > idea to
              > do that?
              >
              > Scott

              http://search.yahoo.com
            • William Lucke
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 21, 2003
                > From: JOHN WAYNE <jhnwyne111@...>
                >Subject: Re: Fiatillac
                >
                >scott,
                >
                > >I cant take all the credit for this one, I found this project
                >allready started in the back of an old body shop that I had an oil
                >burner service call at. The body was allready widened and the frame
                >welded. It had solid bars to hold up the a.frame so put in tortion bars
                >backwards for suspention, I had the engine laying around looking for a
                >place to go, and the headers were a real project. This car would be
                >cool if it were driveable, handles and drives fine when your not
                >excelorating, but touch the fuel even at 50 and the wheels come up. I
                >think the backwards tortion bars are working against me.

                What exactly do you mean "the wheels come up"? Do you mean that it squats a
                LOT and lifts the front a lot, or do the front tires actually come off the
                ground?

                Do you have any detailed pics of the suspension? I might be able to help
                you tweak it.

                Will
              • JOHN WAYNE
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 27, 2003
                  Will,
                  Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, rough week, yes the wheels
                  come off the ground, i tried weight in the front end but no good,
                  cranked up on the tortion bars to put more pressure on the front but i
                  think a losing battle, car is to short and light for it to be a
                  realistic project. have ran it on the street a couple times, and take
                  off slow or hurt yourself,,,,lol..its realy hard to discribe, but if
                  you are not going atv least 50 and where to give it to her youd flip.

                  http://search.yahoo.com