What a group!

  • jhnwyne111
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 14, 2003
      I cant believe I stumbled across this group! I was searching for a
      conversion kit from a borg warner 5 speed to a 500 (and haveing no luck)
      and found this group. I have a 500 cid powered 81 fiat that is almost
      complete ( I will post pics ) and am looking in to the availability of
      a pre designed conversion set up to put a 500 in a 5 speed 82 camaro.
      If anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated.

      Thanks
      The Duke
    • superted60
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 14, 2003
        Get the May 2003 Hot Rod. On page 46 they talk about all kinds of
        conversions. McLeod is making conversions to go from just about
        anything to anything.

        The hard part is the flywheel, as far as I know MTS is just about
        the only place that sells them and they cost about $350. MTS phone
        number is 1-262-740-1118.

        You also need to drill the crank for the input shaft since Cadillac
        never had a manual. Go to CaddyCarlo's web site, he sells an
        adapter to do this and also has lots of pictures.
        http://mywebpages.comcast.net/caddycarlo/caddycarlopage2.html

        Also go tell the MTS message board about your project, they are also
        a bunch of nice guys and would like to hear about it.
        http://www.hwforums.com/2089/

        Sounds like a great project and almost unbelievable, I would love to
        see the pictures.

        Have Fun.

        TED

        --- In