Re: [Cadillac_Performance_Association] Re: Diesel Cadillacs?

  • Jacob Vogelpohl
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 10, 2003

      i have a 83 delta with the 5.7 deisel in it. it has true dual exaust with glasspacks, and nothings gone wrong with it yet. she's got bout 200,000 miles on it and still going strong. wile the power isn't anyting to brag about, ive never had much trouble keeping up in traffic...

      p.s i have a 76 500 sitting on the floor in my shop waiting to e put in this car. what will i need to complete this swap. also i have a 77 425 and i want to put the heads on the 500 is this a bolt in swap?

      thanks

      VOGEY

       sqtowelie <denise.mccracken@...> wrote:

         I had a Cutlass with one of those 5.7 diesels in it, and had
      nothing but problems.  It was a beautiful car that I sold for $200 in
      lieu of putting a gas engine in it.

         I wouldn't want any diesel engine that didn't have a
      turbocharger.  Without it, you just can't get enough air into them to
      make power.  I remember all too well getting tailgated going up hills
      at 30 mph, engine chattering like a rollercoaster going up a track.
      The only good thing about the diesel was that you could blast
      tailgaters with a smokescreen.  I used to collect "smoking vehicle
      warnings" that I got in the mail from the MVD.

      -Denise (Densie) McCracken