Re: [Cadillac_Performance_Association] Introduction and Newbie Questions

  • Brad Stanley
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 25, 2003
      Hi. Flat out you will enjoy the 94-96 fleetwood better. After owning both eras of cars the 94-96 is a way better car. The power of the lt1 and the style of the big body is the way to go! the lt1 has way more parts aval. to make it faster and handle better than the old body style. You have to realize that underneath the 94-96 are the same car as the Impala ss and almost all the parts interchange. So you could use susp. upgrades and motor upgrades for the impi ss. hope this helps!

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 25, 2003
        Hairy Green Toads from Mars made Brad write,

        BS> Hi. Flat out you will enjoy the 94-96 fleetwood better. After
        BS> owning both eras of cars the 94-96 is a way better car. The power
        BS> of the lt1 and the style of the big body is the way to go! the lt1
        BS> has way more parts aval. to make it faster and handle better than
        BS> the old body style. You have to realize that underneath the 94-96
        BS> are the same car as the Impala ss and almost all the parts
        BS> interchange. So you could use susp. upgrades and motor upgrades
        BS> for the impi ss. hope this helps!

        Thanks, and it does help. Overwhelming opinion is the 94-96 cars are
        better overall and much more enjoyable to own. I can't believe that
        these cars can be had for $6000-8000. Is there some reason for the
        lower values aside from popularity?

        Are there any problem areas or things I should pay special attention
        to when looking at/test driving these cars? I have found 2 in my area
        and hopefully will be able to look at them this weekend.

        --
        Best regards,

        Darren D. Wall
        mailto:darrenwall@...