Introduction and Newbie Questions

  • Darren D. Wall
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 25, 2003
      Hello Fellow Cadillac Enthusiasts,

      I am new to Cadillacs and am looking into purchasing my first. I am
      looking at either a 94-96 Fleetwood, or an early eighties Fleetwood. I
      have $7000-8000 to spend, and seem to be able to pick up a 94-96 in
      good shape in this range, or an 80-82 in excellent shape with some
      money left for repairs and/or upgrades.

      Does anyone have an opinion which is a better overall car? The
      earlier cars would be easier to work on (80's emission crap aside),
      but the later cars seem to be a good value as far as performance and
      luxury is concerned.

      Any opinions or information that will help in my decision would be
      most appreciated. And if anyone has either of these years of
      Fleetwood for sale in my area (I am in Utah), please let me know.

      --
      Best regards,

      Darren D. Wall
      mailto:darrenwall@...
      Using The Bat!, Version 1.62i
    • Brad Stanley
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 25, 2003
        Hi. Flat out you will enjoy the 94-96 fleetwood better. After owning both eras of cars the 94-96 is a way better car. The power of the lt1 and the style of the big body is the way to go! the lt1 has way more parts aval. to make it faster and handle better than the old body style. You have to realize that underneath the 94-96 are the same car as the Impala ss and almost all the parts interchange. So you could use susp. upgrades and motor upgrades for the impi ss. hope this helps!

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 25, 2003
          Hairy Green Toads from Mars made Brad write,

          BS> Hi. Flat out you will enjoy the 94-96 fleetwood better. After
          BS> owning both eras of cars the 94-96 is a way better car. The power
          BS> of the lt1 and the style of the big body is the way to go! the lt1
          BS> has way more parts aval. to make it faster and handle better than
          BS> the old body style. You have to realize that underneath the 94-96
          BS> are the same car as the Impala ss and almost all the parts
          BS> interchange. So you could use susp. upgrades and motor upgrades
          BS> for the impi ss. hope this helps!

          Thanks, and it does help. Overwhelming opinion is the 94-96 cars are
          better overall and much more enjoyable to own. I can't believe that
          these cars can be had for $6000-8000. Is there some reason for the
          lower values aside from popularity?

          Are there any problem areas or things I should pay special attention
          to when looking at/test driving these cars? I have found 2 in my area
          and hopefully will be able to look at them this weekend.

          --
          Best regards,

          Darren D. Wall
          mailto:darrenwall@...