Re: 429 - 472 similarities

  • trevor Pordage <cadelect@bigpond.net.au>
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 26, 2003
      --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "John Brody"
      <jbrody@z...> wrote:
      > Finding 472/500 rockers should not be a problem - there are a lot
      of us
      > running shaft rockers from MTS, so therefore we have complete sets
      of
      > the stock kind laying around our garages and basements.

      thanks john
      sorry i have taken so long to reply. i still dont know what to do as
      i am in australia its a bit hard to do trial and error stuff.
      what i would like to know is how these shaft rocker systems work with
      the 472/500 engines. i have a set of 331 rockers and the machine shop
      thinks we should be able to adapt them for my 429. we just need to
      make sur ethat oil can get to the shafts. there seems to be an oil
      gallery into one of the rocker post bolt holes so oil should flow up
      around the bolt we just might have to machine a grove in the side of
      the bolt stem.

      any thoughts and info would be appreciated

      trevor 67 hearse