Last Minute Questions

  • hearsedrvercain <HearseDrverCain@webtv.n
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2003
      Just double checking before I spend any money on the conversion, A 1974 472 cid will bolt directly into a 1982 Cadillac, with a 368 cid, with ONLY one exception, The Passenger side exhaust manifold. The passenger side exhaust manifold from a Cadillac 425 cid will bolt directly into place. Am I missing ANYTHING? The wrench shops around here have never done any type of Cadillac engine swap before.
      One other question, will the water pump or power steering pump from my 368cid work on a 1974 472cid? I have a BRAND NEW water pump on the 368, has Zero miles on it, and the power steering pump is only 2, 2 &1/2 years old. Is there any other parts that might be interchangeable? I will soon be taking my hearse to a shop to have the 472 engine rebuilt and dropped in.
      Wish me luck,
      C. Kevin Donegan
      Vice-President (Atlanta)
      Dead Ends Professional Car Club
      www.DEAD-ENDS.com
    • Karl Fisher Rarities (Switzerland)
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 10 10:39 AM
        Dear Friends,

        My name is Prof. Karl Fisher from Fisher Rarities Ltd, located in
        Zermatt, Switzerland. We deal in many areas of antiques, including
        antique cars.

        We have recently purchased a nice antique automobile for our client, but
        he was not able to pay for him due to some his financial problems.

        We would be very interested to sell this really nice item on a discounted
        price:

        1931 Ford Model A 400 Convertible Sedan
        The Model A 400 is an extremely rare car; it was only manufactured in the
        year 1931.
        Its patterned after the Victoria which was introduced in 1930. The
        Victoria was a bustle-back 2-door sedan with a padded vinyl roof.
        In the 1931, the stylist decided to make the padded roof go down,
        so they put a retractable roof on the 2-door sedan,
        leaving the door posts and rear window posts intact. So as you look at the
        car, unlike a convertible sedan, this 2-door sedan has a complete door and a top
        and side posts on the windows and the door opening.

        During the Model A model run, which encompassed 4 years, Ford built over
        4 million Model A's. Of the Model A 400, less than 4000 were manufactured.
        Of those 4000, less than 400 remain today. This car is certainly a survivor,
        and a splendid example of one of the most desirable Model A's ever built,
        the Model A 400.

        It is equipped with dual side mounts, it has 6 new Firestone whitewall
        tires.
        Being a deluxe model, it has cowl lamps, and of course the famous aoogah
        horn.
        It also has a stone shield, quail radiator cap, dual door-mounted
        rear-view mirrors, dual tail lamps, a luggage rack in the rear, 4/1 piece bumper
        in the rear,
        since the dual side mounts are located in the fenders there's no need for
        the split rear bumper as most Model A's had. It sports genuine leather seats,
        when the car was first manufactured it used genuine leather seats.

        The car was originally sold new in the state of Arizona. It went to a
        collector in Colorado who gave it a complete frame-off restoration. From there,
        it went to a collector in Berlin, Germany and from there to
        Switzerland, where some improvements were made on it:
        Installed 5 seat belts and vintage-type turn signals that work uniquely - you
        turn them on and set them in a position to indicate either left or right turn.
        After you
        complete the turn you flip the arm one time and the turn signal cancels.

        In July 2002, this car was sold to our company and we are ready to sell it
        JUST for USD 29'100 with a FREE INSURED DELIVERY from Zermatt,
        Switzerland to the USA.

        We will be able to mail you 20 pictures of the car to you.

        Look forward for your answer,

        Sincerely yours,

        Prof. Karl Fisher
        Fisher's Rarities Ltd.