Re: 1968 Fuel Injection Conversion

  • Falcon Boy
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 27, 2003
      >I have a 68 that is stock. I would like to change over to a throttle
      body fuel injection system. Anyone have any ideas on this? Does any
      company make a "kit" for this? Any help would be appreciated.

      Hey Giles,
      Would this work for you?

      http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=1520&prmenbr=361

      http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/FMS/FMSFI/502-20S.html

      Toying with the idea for my '74. But some more funds have to be found
      before I could try it.

      Anyone know why this would or wouldn't work???

      Travis

    • Jacob Vogelpohl
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 27, 2003

        have you ever though of useing the efi of of a 460? ive een thinking of this latly and i don't see any prob with that

         Falcon Boy <fordfalcon64@...> wrote:

        >I have a 68 that is stock. I would like to change over to a throttle
        body fuel injection system. Anyone have any ideas on this? Does any
        company make a "kit" for this? Any help would be appreciated.

        Hey Giles,
        Would this work for you?

        http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=1520&prmenbr=361

        http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/FMS/FMSFI/502-20S.html

        Toying with the idea for my '74.  But some more funds have to be found
        before I could try it.

        Anyone know why this would or wouldn't work???

        Travis

      • Brandon K.
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 28, 2003
          Are you willing to be limited to 275 HP????

          http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=1520&prmenbr=361

          http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/FMS/FMSFI/502-20S.html

          Toying with the idea for my '74. But some more funds have to be found
          before I could try it.

          Anyone know why this would or wouldn't work???

          Travis

          http://mailplus.yahoo.com
        • Falcon Boy
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 29, 2003
            >Are you willing to be limited to 275 HP????

            Books say that my '74 472 is rated at a lowly 205 HP. The 275 should cover
            it easily. I'll probably never get the funds to make it a wheel-standing
            hearse, so the kit should handle anything I would do to it.

            Anything else to watch out for and/or consider?

            Thanks,
            Travis

          • zenishus <rkirbyn@earthlink.net>
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 1, 2003
              i have seen four barrel versions of these for sale.thats what id get.
            • Pollorey
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 9, 2003
                I heard you the first time. Why did I have to receive 10 of your emails?
                What does this have to do with Cadillac?!
                I'm not interested, thanks.

                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 9, 2003
                  Sorry guys I thought I was answering the prof!

[...]

                • Karl Fisher Rarities (Switzerland)