Re: [Cadillac_Performance_Association] Digest Number 115

  • William Lucke
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2002
      The '90 4.5 is an interesting beast. It has 4.9 pistons and the longest
      con-rods of any of the 4.x engines. The '90 4.5 was port injected, just
      like the 4.9, so mechanically the swap should be simple. The 4.5 computer
      can probably control the 4.9 adequately, but the 4.9 computer would be
      best. However, it may have other issues, like expected inputs from ABS, or
      other on board computers, but I don't know for sure.

      In short, mechanically the swap should be simple, but you may have some
      electronic hurdles to get over.

      The swap should get you about 20 HP and 30 ftlbs.

      Will