Torque specs on olds motor in caddy

  • mpascino_ny <pascim@rpi.edu>
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 23, 2002
      Hey, I am working on an EFI 500 motor to swap into my seville. I
      originally swapped in an olds 350, but decided I wanted more. Long
      story short, the 500 is not ready and I now have a bad rod knock in
      the 350. I am visiting my family for the holidays and don't have any
      of my service manuals. I'm going to be replacing the crankshaft and
      bearings, can anyone tell me the torque specs on the main bearing
      caps and the connecting rods? I haven't had any luck looking online.
      Thanks,
      Mike
    • bill lutzius
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 23, 2002
        42 for con rods ,80 for main caps.Bearings are marked
        on tangs .
        --- "mpascino_ny <pascim@...>" <pascim@...>

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com