to view a member's profile and edit your own

  • Cody Carson
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 21, 2002
      Yahoo has made a change in the web addresses of auto related group, and as a result, the letters "auto." appear. This is working okay so far except when you want to view a member's profile to find out about the person who posted a message. I did find a way to view a member's profile, however. First, do what you normally do, which is to click on the name of the person who posts a message, or click on their name on the members page. Before the change over, that would take you to the member's profile. Now, yahoo adds the "auto." letters in front of the word profile. All you need to do is click into the browser window and delete "auto." from the web address. That will allow you to see the profile. I do not know how long this problem will continue. Here are two examples: If you click on my profile ID of "cody_g_carson" the web address of the profile is changed to: http://autos.profiles.yahoo.com/cody_g_carson and that will not work. Change it to http://profiles.yahoo.com/cody_g_carson and it will work.
      A last example (hope it does not embarrass her, ha ha.)
      again, just remove the letters that yahoo adds, and you can view information in the yahoo profiles. If you view your own information, then you can edit and modify the info and add a photo, and links to other sites. I picked on Misty also because she has done a good job building her profile. If you do not wish to put a picture of your self in your profile, please use it to post a picture of your Cadillac project car/cars. I am available to help anyone modify their yahoo profile. Just email me. Lets' not use a posted message for those requests since it does not directly relate to Caddy subjects. Also, I need some help checking these profiles from time to time, since it is group policy to delete members that have links to porn sites in their profiles, or pictures that would be considered "adult" in nature. I am trying to keep this a family friendly zone. Please let me know if you find any profiles with subject matter that needs to be dealt with. Thanks,
      Cody

      MSN 8 helps eliminate e-mail viruses. Get 3 months FREE*. 3 months FREE*.