DALLAS Cadillac/unique vehicles needed for charity event

  • my_very_own_book
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2011
      Our 501(c)(3) non-profit, My Very Own Book, is planning our next fundraiser called Touch-A-Truck for October 1, 2011, 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. at Valley View Center mall in Dallas, TX.

      Touch-a-Truck is a family friendly fundraising event in which many different vehicles, such as police cars, fire trucks, trash trucks, motorcycles, race cars, etc., are brought to one location. Children are able to sit in/on, explore, and learn about the vehicle from the person who brought it to the event. It is an excellent opportunity for children to have fun while also learning about vehicles in our community.

      We are writing to request you support our endeavor by bringing some unique vehicles to our event and staying with them to teach the children about the vehicles. We have lots of space and are looking to have a wide variety of unique vehicles. Please forward this to others you think might be interested.

      My Very Own Book runs reading incentive programs in elementary schools in low-income neighborhoods. During the 2011-2012 school year, we are expanding to serve approximately 4,000 students in seven schools. In our program, students read outside of school hours and are rewarded with a certificate and a new, free book of their choice every six week period. We are working to increase literacy skills and put new books into the homes of families who often can't afford to purchase their own new books. In just two school years since our formation, we have given out more than 10,000 new books.

      Please know that I do not make this request lightly. We will gratefully recognize participants on our website, in various event promotions, and on signs at the event. We also invite participants to bring literature they might want available to families at the event.

      Thank you for your consideration of my request. Please don't hesitate to contact me at kelley.vanauken@... with any questions you might have. If you would like to participate, please go to www.myveryownbook.org/touchatruck.html to fill out a short participation form.

      Kelley Van Auken
      Executive Director, My Very Own Book
      www.www.myveryownbook.org/touchatruck.html