Re: Formula for figuring carb size?

  • C. Gregory Talbott
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 4, 2002
      If you eliminate the ve from the formula you come up with 810 CFM.
      I have used the CID x RPM / 3456 for years and it has always come
      pretty close if the max rpm's are correct.
      780 CFM w/ vacuum secondaries works good on 500 street engines.
    • Juan Ayon
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 4, 2002
        Yup, leaving out the ve works too. I won't argue with you on that
        one. That formula should work for your average street rodder, like
        myself. lol...
        --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@y..., "C. Gregory Talbott"