Re: 500 Cad into my 65 Chevelle wagon

  • Jeff Cain
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2002
      All 70 to 76 Eldo's will have the correct pan and pick up.
      I would check for oil pump clearance when trying to install a 500.
      The frames on those cars are real narrow up front.

      --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@y..., "johnnyacus"
      <johnyac@w...> wrote:
      > Greetings,
      > I have seen the light, now I need the parts. I am looking for a
      rear
      > sump oil pan and pick up tube to put a 500 cu and 400 trans into my
      > Chevelle wagon.
      > The local parts suppliers say they can help but need to know the
      > model and years of the Cadillacs with rear sump pans. Anyone have a
      > pan to sell or can provide me with the correct models? I have a
      front
      > sump pan to trade or sell. My other thought was just to cut it and
      > weld the sump on backwards.
      > Any tips and tricks would be great, this is my first attempt at
      force
      > feeding a Chevelle.
      >
      > Thanks
      > John
      > Pensacola FL
    • John Crosson
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 5, 2002
        Thanks Jeff,
        My new engine came complete from trans yoke to a oil filter
        relocation kit . A pan was given to me by a new friend. It has two
        drain plugs. One on the forward, very shalow sump, and one one the
        rear. He said it was a front wheel drive pan. I should be able to try
        fitting the engine and trans in tomorrow. My entire front clip is off
        of the car at this time. That should make this conversion easy.

        Thanks
        John C