Re: Warranty on 2005 CTS

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 10, 2009
      --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "NateD not NateDogg" <big84u42@...> wrote:

      > because the factory expired the 3rd of December 2008, two weeks before
      > i purchased it...
      >
      > --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "NateD not
      > NateDogg" <big84u42@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I just got a used 2005 CTS that has less than 50K miles on it and
      > when
      > > I called a local dealership for service, I was told that this model
      > > only has a 4 year or 50K mile warranty, not 5 year. If that is
      > > accurate, does anyone have suggestions on where I can get an extended
      > > warranty????

      Once the GM warranty expires it is gone and you can no longer get a GM Protection Plan Service Contact. Your only recourse if after-market but with the amount of miles it has it will cost a a pretty penny.
    • Mike
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 10, 2009
        --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "NateD not NateDogg" <big84u42@...> wrote:

        > because the factory expired the 3rd of December 2008, two weeks before
        > i purchased it...
        >
        > --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "NateD not
        > NateDogg" <big84u42@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I just got a used 2005 CTS that has less than 50K miles on it and
        > when
        > > I called a local dealership for service, I was told that this model
        > > only has a 4 year or 50K mile warranty, not 5 year. If that is
        > > accurate, does anyone have suggestions on where I can get an extended
        > > warranty????

        Btw-Yes the warranty was 4yr/50,000 miles and is still the same today. Its only the drive train the carries the 5yr/100,000 mile warranty.