Re: Rear sump (Eldorado) oil pan/dipstick tech

  • evildudeprod
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 8 8:40 PM
      Doesn't MTS sell new dipsticks and dipstick tubes for both front and
      rear sump pans?

      -Travis

      --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@y..., "tremorj10"
      <JOEOILER@A...> wrote:
      > Removing an old dipstick is almost impossible. The rear sump
      > dipsticks were bent at the factory after installation to fit
      properly.

      > There are two dipstick holes in the Caddy block. The rear hole is
      > for rear sump pans. The unused hole is pluggged with a metal
      ball.
      > If you are converting to a rear sump pan you will have to relocate
      > the dipstick tube.
      >
      > Thanks to Terry on the MTS board for this info:
      >
      > I've never removed one in one piece-now I just saw them off at the
      > bottom of the block and drive out the piece.
      > Measure the original first so you know how long it is and how far
      it
      > is from the pan rail to the top of the tube where the stick goes
      > in.Then make your own from 3/8" steel fuel line and bend it back
      for
      > crankshaft clearance like the factory did.Don't forget to put the
      > ball in the front hole.
    • ja70cad
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 8 11:47 PM
        Nope, not any more. I don't think that anyone makes dipstick tubes
        for front sumps anymore.
        Juan
        --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@y..., "evildudeprod"