Re: Warranty on 2005 CTS

  • NateD not NateDogg
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 11, 2009
      because the factory expired the 3rd of December 2008, two weeks before
      i purchased it...

      --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "NateD not
      NateDogg" <big84u42@...> wrote:

      > I just got a used 2005 CTS that has less than 50K miles on it and
      when
      > I called a local dealership for service, I was told that this model
      > only has a 4 year or 50K mile warranty, not 5 year. If that is
      > accurate, does anyone have suggestions on where I can get an extended
      > warranty????

    • Mike
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 10, 2009
        --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "NateD not NateDogg" <big84u42@...> wrote:

        > because the factory expired the 3rd of December 2008, two weeks before
        > i purchased it...
        >
        > --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "NateD not
        > NateDogg" <big84u42@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I just got a used 2005 CTS that has less than 50K miles on it and
        > when
        > > I called a local dealership for service, I was told that this model
        > > only has a 4 year or 50K mile warranty, not 5 year. If that is
        > > accurate, does anyone have suggestions on where I can get an extended
        > > warranty????

        Once the GM warranty expires it is gone and you can no longer get a GM Protection Plan Service Contact. Your only recourse if after-market but with the amount of miles it has it will cost a a pretty penny.
      • Mike
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 10, 2009
          --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "NateD not NateDogg" <big84u42@...> wrote:

          > because the factory expired the 3rd of December 2008, two weeks before
          > i purchased it...
          >
          > --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "NateD not
          > NateDogg" <big84u42@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I just got a used 2005 CTS that has less than 50K miles on it and
          > when
          > > I called a local dealership for service, I was told that this model
          > > only has a 4 year or 50K mile warranty, not 5 year. If that is
          > > accurate, does anyone have suggestions on where I can get an extended
          > > warranty????

          Btw-Yes the warranty was 4yr/50,000 miles and is still the same today. Its only the drive train the carries the 5yr/100,000 mile warranty.