Re: [Cadillac_Performance_Association] Warranty on 2005 CTS

  • Londy Bracale
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 10, 2009
      Why do you need an extended warranty?

      From: NateD not NateDogg <big84u42@...>
      To: Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, January 10, 2009 7:38:01 PM
      Subject: [Cadillac_Performance_Association] Warranty on 2005 CTS

      I just got a used 2005 CTS that has less than 50K miles on it and when
      I called a local dealership for service, I was told that this model
      only has a 4 year or 50K mile warranty, not 5 year. If that is
      accurate, does anyone have suggestions on where I can get an extended
      warranty????

    • NateD not NateDogg
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 11, 2009
        because the factory expired the 3rd of December 2008, two weeks before
        i purchased it...

        --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "NateD not
        NateDogg" <big84u42@...> wrote:

        > I just got a used 2005 CTS that has less than 50K miles on it and
        when
        > I called a local dealership for service, I was told that this model
        > only has a 4 year or 50K mile warranty, not 5 year. If that is
        > accurate, does anyone have suggestions on where I can get an extended
        > warranty????

      • Mike
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 10, 2009
          --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "NateD not NateDogg" <big84u42@...> wrote:

          > because the factory expired the 3rd of December 2008, two weeks before
          > i purchased it...
          >
          > --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "NateD not
          > NateDogg" <big84u42@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I just got a used 2005 CTS that has less than 50K miles on it and
          > when
          > > I called a local dealership for service, I was told that this model
          > > only has a 4 year or 50K mile warranty, not 5 year. If that is
          > > accurate, does anyone have suggestions on where I can get an extended
          > > warranty????

          Once the GM warranty expires it is gone and you can no longer get a GM Protection Plan Service Contact. Your only recourse if after-market but with the amount of miles it has it will cost a a pretty penny.
        • Mike
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 10, 2009
            --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "NateD not NateDogg" <big84u42@...> wrote:

            > because the factory expired the 3rd of December 2008, two weeks before
            > i purchased it...
            >
            > --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "NateD not
            > NateDogg" <big84u42@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I just got a used 2005 CTS that has less than 50K miles on it and
            > when
            > > I called a local dealership for service, I was told that this model
            > > only has a 4 year or 50K mile warranty, not 5 year. If that is
            > > accurate, does anyone have suggestions on where I can get an extended
            > > warranty????

            Btw-Yes the warranty was 4yr/50,000 miles and is still the same today. Its only the drive train the carries the 5yr/100,000 mile warranty.