Warranty on 2005 CTS

  • NateD not NateDogg
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 10, 2009
      I just got a used 2005 CTS that has less than 50K miles on it and when
      I called a local dealership for service, I was told that this model
      only has a 4 year or 50K mile warranty, not 5 year. If that is
      accurate, does anyone have suggestions on where I can get an extended
      warranty????
    • Londy Bracale
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 10, 2009
        Why do you need an extended warranty?

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 11, 2009
          because the factory expired the 3rd of December 2008, two weeks before
          i purchased it...

          --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "NateD not
          NateDogg" <big84u42@...> wrote:

          > I just got a used 2005 CTS that has less than 50K miles on it and
          when
          > I called a local dealership for service, I was told that this model
          > only has a 4 year or 50K mile warranty, not 5 year. If that is
          > accurate, does anyone have suggestions on where I can get an extended
          > warranty????

        • Mike
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 10, 2009
            --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "NateD not NateDogg" <big84u42@...> wrote:

            > because the factory expired the 3rd of December 2008, two weeks before
            > i purchased it...
            >
            > --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "NateD not
            > NateDogg" <big84u42@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I just got a used 2005 CTS that has less than 50K miles on it and
            > when
            > > I called a local dealership for service, I was told that this model
            > > only has a 4 year or 50K mile warranty, not 5 year. If that is
            > > accurate, does anyone have suggestions on where I can get an extended
            > > warranty????

            Once the GM warranty expires it is gone and you can no longer get a GM Protection Plan Service Contact. Your only recourse if after-market but with the amount of miles it has it will cost a a pretty penny.
          • Mike
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 10, 2009
              --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "NateD not NateDogg" <big84u42@...> wrote:

              > because the factory expired the 3rd of December 2008, two weeks before
              > i purchased it...
              >
              > --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "NateD not
              > NateDogg" <big84u42@> wrote:
              > >
              > > I just got a used 2005 CTS that has less than 50K miles on it and
              > when
              > > I called a local dealership for service, I was told that this model
              > > only has a 4 year or 50K mile warranty, not 5 year. If that is
              > > accurate, does anyone have suggestions on where I can get an extended
              > > warranty????

              Btw-Yes the warranty was 4yr/50,000 miles and is still the same today. Its only the drive train the carries the 5yr/100,000 mile warranty.