Hello. New member. Lot of crazy questions.

  • hemmigremmie
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 21, 2002
      Hi All.
      I never realized until just today that the Cadillac 500 was such a
      hot motor. I didnt know anything about MTS or all the performance
      parts thats around for em. I have a few questions for ya. Im building
      a 73 prostreet Gremlin, tubbed, 18.5 inch Mt's, 4 point cage, racing
      seats, ect..., but its going to be driven on the street regularly.
      They put AMC 401's in em, ya think the Caddy 500 would go? Im going
      with big block something, so might as well go with the biggest. How
      wide are they? What motor do they compare to size wise? Whats the
      weight of em? I heard that with aftermarket intake the weight is
      about the same as a sbc, but if the 500 is about the same size as a
      bbc, how can that be? I dont want to buy, build and then install only
      to find out theres no way, but if it will fit, it would sure be
      awesome. Let me know what you think. Is it best to find a complete
      500 or buy the block N build? I am looking at buying a std bore 500
      block right now. I know MTS and PAW have crank kits. Is this the way
      to go? Tnx, Rod