472/500 Motor Mount Plates

  • chev_crewcab
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 21, 2002
      I am currently converting a 77 Chevy ¾ ton crew cab truck to 472
      Cadillac power. I am planning to use 3/8" plates (7" x
      7") for the engine mounts. Each plate will be bolted at the
      current cross member mounting locations.

      Does any one have the offset dimensions from the cross member mount
      location or Chevy motor mount centerline to Cadillac motor mount
      centerline location? I have read online that vertical slots to
      locate the Cadillac mount(s) is preferred. I plan on using the one-
      piece mount as opposed to the two-piece type.

      Any information or tips will be greatly appreciated.
    • kp5002002 <kp5002002@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 22, 2003
        --- In
        Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "chev_crewcab"
        <crewcab472@h...> wrote:
        > I am currently converting a 77 Chevy ¾ ton crew cab truck to 472
        > Cadillac power. I am planning to use 3/8" plates (7" x
        > 7") for the engine mounts. Each plate will be bolted at the
        > current cross member mounting locations.
        >
        > Does any one have the offset dimensions from the cross member
        mount
        > location or Chevy motor mount centerline to Cadillac motor mount
        > centerline location? I have read online that vertical slots to
        > locate the Cadillac mount(s) is preferred. I plan on using the
        one-
        > piece mount as opposed to the two-piece type.
        >
        > Any information or tips will be greatly appreciated.
        cadillac mounts are offset 4" forward of the standard chevy
        mounts.
      • Bob AJ
        Message 3 of 4 , May 15, 2003

          To All,

          I am currently converting a 77 Chevy � ton crew cab truck to 472 Cadillac power.  I am planning to use 3/8" plates (7" x 7") pre-drilled for the cross member mounts.  Do any of you have a template or have the offset dimensions from the cross member mount location or Chevy motor mount centerline to Cadillac motor mount centerline location?  I have read online that vertical slots to locate the Cadillac mount(s) are preferred any suggestions.  I plan on using the one-piece mount as opposed to the two-piece type. Any information or tips will be greatly appreciated.

          Thanks Bob

        • zenishus
          Message 4 of 4 , May 16, 2003
            > on my 1980 1/2 ton i took the frame brackets loose,swapped them
            side for side and drilled and remounted them under the cad mounts.i
            had to swap sides on the brackets so all the bolt holes would hit the
            crossmember.i think using plates that they would sag after a while.