What would a 472 or 500ci v8 weigh with aluminum heads and intake?

  • Jonathan Cook
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 2008
      I am in the process of building a Locost kitcar Lotus 7 replica. I
      really want something that is hopelessly overpowered and scary as
      hell "! That is why I am interested in a Caddy 472-500 engine swap. Now
      obviously I would like to keep the weight to a minimum, so I am curious
      to know what a 472-500 would weigh with aluminum goodies. Also what
      manual transmission can handle the gobs of torque a caddy can put out?
      I basically want to bring exotic high "$$" sportscar owners back to
      reality!! A very very poor man's Bugatti Veyron!!