My Mustang has been stolen! Information requested.

  • Cody G. Carson
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25, 2008
      STOLEN from Benton Arkansas: 1972 Fastback Mustang, VIN #:
      2F02H187199
      Last tags on car: PDP 679. Car is faded red in color with two black
      stripes on ram air hood. All 4 wheel wells had been cut out for 10"
      wide Cragar SS wheels (the fenders were cut by an air chisel as a
      temporary modification until fender flares could be installed. The
      stock 9" rear end had been removed to be strengthened and converted
      to disc breaks. The car has a white interior, but the seats and
      headliner fabric has been removed in preparation for a roll cage.
      The interior has factory Mach 1 gage pod with mechanical gages and a
      custom tac installed in dash which was made to look factory. The car
      has some rust and a small dent on driver's rear quarter where the
      bumper was pushed in 1". The Mustang has a good running Cadillac 500
      engine and TH400 engine. The front spindles had been upgraded to
      Cadillac commercial chassis with 12" rotors and 5 on 5" bolt
      pattern. The Mustang has no exhaust system, the standard fastback
      grille, and has the Mach 1 honey comb pattern rear trim. It does not
      have Mach 1 stripes. It does have the Mach 1 rubber bumper, but also
      has chrome trim on the front of the hood and front finders. There is
      no front spoiler. The rear deck lid and quarter panel area has a 70s
      Camaro tail fin molded into the bodywork. The gas tank had been
      removed for replacement.

      This Hot Rod (under construction) is no junk car, and has very
      little rust. I have been its owner for 20 years. I was told on
      Thursday 3-20-08 that the car was still in storage at the same
      location it has been in for the past 10 years and that it was still
      in the condition that I left it. When I arrived at the location in
      Benton, Arkansas on Saturday 3-22-08 the car was gone. From the look
      of the ground that used to be covered by the car, it has been gone
      at least a year. The Benton city police will NOT list the car as
      stolen because of the length of time it has been at the man's house.

      Even IF a salvage company or recycler hauled of this car (as was
      claimed), it would not have been crushedÂ…. It is somewhere waiting
      to be restored or turned into a race carÂ…. Please email me with any
      information about this car to: MissingMustang@...

      Any information would be greatly appreciated,
      Thank you,
      Cody