Cam and Carb Options for the 429

  • bakerzoid
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 19, 2007
      Greetings,
      I wanted to enhance low end performance of the 429 motor in my 1967
      Cadillac Calais. High performance parts are not available for this
      motor, but I was hoping that some performance gains might be with
      realized with with regards to a cam, carb, and differential combination
      different from what is currently on the car. Any thoughts, suggestions,
      or comments would be appreciated.

      Regards,
      Jack
    • cadgeezer42@att.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 31, 2007
        --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "bakerzoid"
        <bakerzoid@...> wrote:

        > Greetings,
        > I wanted to enhance low end performance of the 429 motor in my 1967
        > Cadillac Calais. High performance parts are not available for this
        > motor, but I was hoping that some performance gains might be with
        > realized with with regards to a cam, carb, and differential
        combination
        > different from what is currently on the car. Any thoughts,
        suggestions,
        > or comments would be appreciated.
        >
        > Regards,
        > Jack

        hi jack,just now saw your request,& i might be a little late but i`ll
        tell you what i got.i`ve got a sig erson cam,mallory dual point
        dist.,& a slightly modified intake that accepts a holly 3310 carb or
        just about any holly.all this was worth over 100 hp.on my 429.these
        pieces are very rare&just barely used.-if interested shoot me a
        email&ill fill you in on the details&price.was on ebay couple months
        ago but i had them listed in the wrong spot.will re-list next week.
        richard.
      • Brett
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 15, 2008
          --- In
          Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "cadgeezer42@..."
          <cadgeezer42@...> wrote:

          > --- In
          Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "bakerzoid"
          > <bakerzoid@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Greetings,
          > > I wanted to enhance low end performance of the 429 motor in my
          1967
          > > Cadillac Calais. High performance parts are not available for
          this
          > > motor, but I was hoping that some performance gains might be with
          > > realized with with regards to a cam, carb, and differential
          > combination
          > > different from what is currently on the car. Any thoughts,
          > suggestions,
          > > or comments would be appreciated.
          > >
          > > Regards,
          > > Jack
          > >
          > hi jack,just now saw your request,& i might be a little late but
          i`ll
          > tell you what i got.i`ve got a sig erson cam,mallory dual point
          > dist.,& a slightly modified intake that accepts a holly 3310 carb
          or
          > just about any holly.all this was worth over 100 hp.on my 429.these
          > pieces are very rare&just barely used.-if interested shoot me a
          > email&ill fill you in on the details&price.was on ebay couple
          months
          > ago but i had them listed in the wrong spot.will re-list next week.
          > richard.

          Richard,
          If you still have these let me know i just purchased a 65 coupe/rod
          project and will be doing some performance gains on the 429. email me
          Liquified56@...
          thanks
          Brett