Brand New 512 For sale BIG MODS

  • Jay Warfel
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 5, 2002
      I am thinking of selling my engine when I finish it. Just wandering what
      you people think I should hope to get out of it. I need to get out of debt
      badly, and since this engine did it, I am debating selling it. Here's the
      stats. 76 Eldo 500 .040 overbore. (All following parts bought from MTS.
      Have receipts for all.) KB Hyper pistons for late heads 9.?:1 Moly rings.
      Complete engine kit. All gaskets, seals, bearings etc... MT15 cam. (BIG)
      Stainless swirl polished valves. Complete head kit. Heads fully machined
      to use the valves. Block decked, cleaned and mag'd. Completely machined.
      Shaft rockers. Eldo Rear sump pan. Roller timing set. Al's best oil pump.
      All Machined by and will be broken in and dyno'd by Ultra Power
      Performance Engines Here in Muncie, IN. Any other q's email me off list. I
      just hope for a ball park figure of how much I should ask. I don't really
      want to sell it but it seems to be the only means to the end. TIA.

      Jay Warfel
      Muncie, IN

    • Vern Lochtefeld
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 6, 2002
        Jay,

        What heads, are they the 120cc heads off of the 76 or the 76cc heads off a 68 to
        73 engine? Have they been ported and flowed if so by who? Have they been
        decked if so how much and what valves 2.19-1.84s? After you decked the block
        how far down the hole is the piston? I need to determine about what the
        compression is and is it a pump gas motor. What intake and carberator? Is the
        the non adjustable shaft rocker system? If you did not get killed on the cost
        of machine work, assembly and dynoing you should be able to get at least what
        you have in it back out. Good dyno numbers help alot. What did you do with the
        distributor?

        Scoggins Dickie Performance sent me an email yesterday that they have a special
        not sure if it is an advertised special on the fully assembled delux 502 502 for
        $6,714. That is $480 off what they normally sell it for and they alwayse at
        least match anyones advertised price. They also are running a one item special
        on anthing truck shipped in the continental US for $75. That would also save
        about an extra $250 in shipping to my area.

        Vern Lochtefeld
        Englewood OH