Swapping a 4.1 FWD for more horsepower

  • marcusblowmocity
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2007
      I got a '87 Deville 4100 FWD and I wanna change the motor to something
      with more power.I would perfer to leave my same transmission in it,but
      if it gotta go.I'm looking for the motor that will mount up the
      eassiest with as few modifacations as necessary.It can be asmall V8
      aslong as it has a good platform.I'm pushing for 300hp at atleast.I
      have seen 350's transpanted into factory RWD 4100's.I know there is
      room for a Northstar but I don't know If I need to change the
      transmission and CV shafts.Anyones knowledge is appreciated.