Eldorado wheels for sale in 4sale items folder

  • Cody G. Carson
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28, 2002
      16X8 from a late TA to fit 79-85 Eldorado/80-85 Seville. Two sets,
      one is Chrome, the other is Silver painted. Painted wheels are $395
      plus shipping and do not require any modification. Chrome wheels are
      $755 unmodified, or $795 with modification to fit the Eldo;see tech
      info below:
      The 98 and later TA wheels have a slightly smaller hub diamiter and
      require some machine work to make them fit on the 97 and earlier TAs
      and Camaros. These Chrome wheels have not been machined yet, but I
      will only charge $10 per wheel to have it done. The machine work is
      not needed if these are going onto a 98 or later TA or Camaro. I have
      done the research with another set of TA wheels. On the 79 through 85
      Eldorado (80-85 Seville should also be the same fit) these wheels
      will not rub or hit the suspension. The inner part of the wheel must
      clear the bottom of the sway bar end link so you might have to saw
      off 1/4" or so of the sway bar end link that sticks down past the
      bolt (an easy two minute job with a hack saw)
      235/60 HR16s and 235/55R16s will fit under the front and back without
      rubbing. The 60s are 27" and are the stock diamiter (they look the
      best on a non lowered car) the 55s are 26" and will corner better.
      They look good on a car that has been lowered an inch or two.
      255/55ZR16s and 255/50ZR16s can be used with some modification to the
      inner lip of the rear fender. You will have to remove the rear
      spring, mount the tire, and raise it until it contacts the chrome
      trim to see where to trim it. The 55's are 27" tall, and the 50's are
      26" tall. At the moment I have 255/50ZR26s on the front of my
      Eldorado and 235/55R16s on the rear since my fenders have not yet
      been trimmed. Since the rear track width of the Eldo is wider, you
      can not tell that narrower tires are on the rear unless you look very
      very close. If you run the 255's up front they will not rub when the
      car os off of the jack, and resting on the tires, however, when it is
      up on jack stands, you will see that the 255s do rub the sway bar and
      the upper A arm when the wheels are turned all the way to lock....but
      I hope your wheels are never all the way to lock when your car is in
      the air! ha ha. I want to get a pic of them online soon because the
      tire shops don't believe these wheels fit on the Eldorado.
      Price without modification is $755
      price with modification is$795
      shipping to the lower US states should be about $60 (est.) other
      places in the US should be around $80
      My zip code is 72002 if you want to figure more exactly.