Re: carb conversion

  • s_holford
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2007
      --- In
      Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "cerberusinc66"
      <cerberusinc66@...> wrote:

      > I have an 83 sedan DeVille with the 4100 digital fuel injection. I
      > want to convert it to a carburator. Is there a way to do this?

      I think the only feasible way to do something like that is to have
      an adapter plate fabricated to match the intake manifold, run a a
      fuel pressure regulator, fabricate new fuel lines, and try to get
      the TV cable bracket to work (assuming you have a 200-4R). The TBI
      setup on those run about 12 psi, a typical carb uses between 5 to 7
      psi. If you're planning on keeping the 4100 I wouldn't even bother
      trying to take on a task like that. There's not much more
      performance to be had from that engine outisde of better flowing
      exhaust, besides fuel injection has better cold weather start-ups
      than something carburated. Unless you're plannning on swapping to a
      different engine, I'd save myself the headache. On another note,
      fuel injection is much easier to troubleshoot than a carb. For the
      most part all you need is a multi-meter. Hope this helps.