ANNOUNCEMENT - IMPORTANT INFORMATION - DATE FOR ROUTE 66 CRUISE

  • frank redmond
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 17, 2006
      Attention all Hearse Members, Owners, Cadillac Folks and Hot Rodders!

      The Texoma Hearse and Hot Rod Society and Kansas Hearse Association in cooperation with the Lonestar Hearse Association are PROUD to PRESENT The 1st Annual "Get Your Kicks on Route 66 Hearse and Hot Rod Cruise and Show".

      Thanksgiving Day a poll was placed on several of the hearse clubs asking for a vote as to a date of when most would want to have a State Line to State line Hearse and Hot Rod Cruise and Show on Route 66 in Oklahoma.  Well, the voting is in and by an OVERWHELMING majority, the date was decided it should be SEPTEMBER 20th through 23rd, 2007.  I am starting to finalize plans with several of the street rod, musclecar and hot rod clubs throughout Oklahoma in assisting with sponsorship and places of interest along the "Mother Road".

      The cost for this cruise and show is at a nominal $15.00 per CAR!  This registration fee gets you a cruise t-shirt, windshield or back window sticker and dash plaque for your car.  This is an OPEN CRUISE....meaning, if your hot rod, street rod or hearse isn't up to the trip, but you still want to participate and have a Chevy Pickup or a Ford Tempo or our 200x SDV, STS or any other daily driver, you're more than welcome to come along.  We've got a company from Colorado City, TX who will be joining us on the cruise and will be doing video and pictures throughout the entire weekend and will be available for an additional $20.00 per DVD.  Extra t-shirts ($10.00 each.), window stickers ($3.00 each and dash plaques ($2.00 each) will be available on a limited basis during the cruise as well as after.

      Some of the events that have been confirmed......

      Two owners of private property have given and granted us access to ORIGINAL sections of Route 66 that are now a part of their property.  One of these owners has offered up his land for us to all drive down to where the Mother Road is, park our cars and coaches on the actual road for a photo shoot opportunity and for a small donation will provide us with a BBQ lunch and has told me that he will put up horseshoe pits and a canopy for other games and seating.  The THHRS and KSHA is currently working on hokey games for prizes throughout the trip to add to the fun and excitement.  We fell its sometimes more about the trip and places to see than the driving and destination.  The other owner of a section of Route 66 has offered us camping and a place to stay.  This will be 100% PRIMITIVE CAMPING.  We're still working on securing deals and discounts on lodging and campgrounds across Oklahoma and as we get confirmation, we will be updating everyone.  Ideally, we'd love to see a minimum of 100 cars and hopefully with participation with the Oklahoma Car Clubs, we will get to see that as reality with all who do attend from the Hearse , Hot Rod and Cadillac Community and our clubs.

      We're in the final planning stages with Coit's Drive-In in Oklahoma City.  During the summer months, they host a "Car Show and Theme Night".  Before I came down with the Guillian-Barre Syndrome (see August and October, I believe "Frank's Medical Updates for more information), I had started working with the largest of the Coit's locations and had tenatively worked out a deal with them.  This was going to include a car show, special edition Coit's t-shirts with their logo and our cruise information AND your meal free or discounted for everyone officially entered with the cruise.  We will re-start negotiations with them after Christmas and New Year's.

      We've also been working with the National Route 66 Museum and Complex in Elk City, Oklahoma to hold a car show and games day at their facilities and they were more than happy to assist us as well.  Amarillo, Texas is only but a few miles from there and we're working closely with the 40 car clubs located out there as well.  The museum is willing to offer discounted addmission to all the museums located at the complex.

      Before we get to the National Route 66 Museum, we'e also planning a stop at the Oklahoma Route 66 Museum as well.  Contacted them a couple of weeks ago and spoke with a wonderful lady there.  She informed me that she would have information for us the 1st week of January, 2007.

      We're currently waiting to hear from a Drive-in movie theatre in Carthage, MO (on Route 66) for a special Thursday night showing of a classic horror flick as well as letting us do registration, a BBQ and our "Meet and Greet" of all the Ghouls, Pomp Daddies, The Kool Kat Greasers and Gals attending.

      We have some tentative locations for campgrounds and hotels willing to give us discounted room and space rates, but these will be based on a minimum of 30 cars/drivers for the event.

      Starting in January, we will have a website up for the cruise and show with a downloadable form.  There will also be a massive amount of advertising in various magazines such as the ones put out by the NSRA and GoodGuy's Rod and Custom and the various state publications with the various street rod and hot rod clubs in Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri and Kansas.

      WE HAVE ONE GOAL....TO MAKE THIS THE PREMIERE EVENT IN THE NATION!

      To Everyone a VERY Merry Christmas and a Safe and Happy New Year!

      Frank Redmond
      Lonestar Hearse Association Co-Founder
      Texoma Hearse and Hot Rod Society Co-Founder
      Kansas Hearse Association - Co-Moderator
      Dead Car Society of Houston - Co-Moderator