1968 - 472

  • Tim
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 13, 2006
      Hey Folks,
      We're going to have my '68-472 (has 100k and a hole in a
      piston)rebuilt to put in our '58 Fleetwood. Is it possible to get
      decent horsepower and reliability on a budget? I'm thinking clean-up
      the crank, new cam, (.30 over?)pistons, rods and completely redone
      heads with a new manifold and carb. Does anyone know of a "rebuild
      kit" for this motor that covers the parts and gaskets needed to
      freshen this motor? Hell, even stock it had a load of power,so I'm
      guessing every little improvement will help. I would
      appreciate any help planning this.
      Thanks,Tim
    • andrew199442
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 14, 2006
        --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "Tim"
        <ellwood59@...> wrote:

        > Hey Folks,
        > We're going to have my '68-472 (has 100k and a hole in a
        > piston)rebuilt to put in our '58 Fleetwood. Is it possible to get
        > decent horsepower and reliability on a budget? I'm thinking clean-up
        > the crank, new cam, (.30 over?)pistons, rods and completely redone
        > heads with a new manifold and carb. Does anyone know of a "rebuild
        > kit" for this motor that covers the parts and gaskets needed to
        > freshen this motor? Hell, even stock it had a load of power,so I'm
        > guessing every little improvement will help. I would
        > appreciate any help planning this.
        > Thanks,Tim

        check out cad 500 or they may go by name flashcraft now on web,they got
        it all and shipped me all my bits to england for my engine swap in my
        58 coupe
        andy
      • Tim
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 15, 2006
          got
          > it all and shipped me all my bits to england for my engine swap in
          my
          > 58 coupe
          > andy

          Thanks Andy, I have seen their website. They have got it all covered!
          Now if I could just hit the lottery. LOL:) Tim