Factory radio swap

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 27, 2006
      Hi out there in Caddyland. My OEM audio is dying and I have been
      looking for a replacement and upgrade. I have a non-bose AM/FM
      Cassette w/5 band eq and I would like to upgrade to another OEM
      system from a later model or cross model application. I have a 94
      DeVille and I would like to install a 97 or later CD/Cassette combo
      from either another DeVille or possibly the Seville or Eldo of the
      same vintage. The reason I want the 97 up is because they will read
      mp3's, at least the one in my 97 STS did - however, that was via the
      12 disc changer and not the head unit.

      I would go aftermarket, but I'm really not interested in driving down
      the road watching a commercial for the manufacterer on the screen.
      The other reason is that I would prefer to retain the OEM appearance
      of my dash. The research I have made so far has stated that the '94
      chassis is smaller than the later chassis. Does anyone know where I
      might be able to access schematics for the plug and/or any type of
      cross application guide.

      Your help would be appreciated.

      Thanks,
      Bill