Anyone drop a 500ci into a 1961 caddy before??

  • newyorker10128
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 18, 2002
      If anyone has done this before or know someone who has I would
      appreciate you dropping me a message. I have a caddy convertible
      that I just purchased last week. I am finding that there are few
      high performance mods that can be done on the 390ci engines. I have
      a good mechanic on stand by ready to do this work for me but I would
      feel better knowing others experiences with this type of project.

      I know I would need to switch the hydrmatic to a TH400 and maybe
      change the firewall, too. What else?

      Any help that can be given is much appreciated

      thx
      tom

      e-mail me at:
      newyorker10128@...