331, 365, 390 information needed

  • spdfreek331
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2006
      I am currently building a 47 Ford coupe with a 331 Caddy to run in the
      vintage coupe class at the salt flats and need information on rodding
      this old Caddy motor. I was told that I could run the later 390 heads
      on this motor and gain some flow? I have converted a remote electric
      water pump to help with cooling and free up some HP, have talked to
      Mondello Performace in Ca about porting the heads, Cad 500 company in
      NM about cam grinds and forged pistons, etc, etc, but would appreciate
      any help I can get on hot rodding this motor. I need to get close to
      425 HP and 7 grand on the tach to be competitive!!!!!

      Thanks, Keith