carb conversion

  • cerberusinc66
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 12, 2006
      I have an 83 sedan DeVille with the 4100 digital fuel injection. I
      want to convert it to a carburator. Is there a way to do this?
    • s_holford
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 4, 2007
        --- In
        Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "cerberusinc66"
        <cerberusinc66@...> wrote:

        > I have an 83 sedan DeVille with the 4100 digital fuel injection. I
        > want to convert it to a carburator. Is there a way to do this?

        I think the only feasible way to do something like that is to have
        an adapter plate fabricated to match the intake manifold, run a a
        fuel pressure regulator, fabricate new fuel lines, and try to get
        the TV cable bracket to work (assuming you have a 200-4R). The TBI
        setup on those run about 12 psi, a typical carb uses between 5 to 7
        psi. If you're planning on keeping the 4100 I wouldn't even bother
        trying to take on a task like that. There's not much more
        performance to be had from that engine outisde of better flowing
        exhaust, besides fuel injection has better cold weather start-ups
        than something carburated. Unless you're plannning on swapping to a
        different engine, I'd save myself the headache. On another note,
        fuel injection is much easier to troubleshoot than a carb. For the
        most part all you need is a multi-meter. Hope this helps.