New Hearse Organization

  • Versatile Couple in North Texas
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 3, 2006
      With the owners and moderators permission, I would like to announce
      the start of a new hearse organization based in Texas. We're The
      Lonestar Hearse Association.

      The Lonestar Hearse Association is for seriously minded Dead Sled
      owners, ProCars, restorers, customizers and admirers.

      We're a gathering place for tech tips, parts locating, and the
      sharing of information on professional vehicle care and rebuilding.

      Our focus is Texas membership and events, but enthusiasts from
      everywhere are welcomed to join us for conversations and special
      club events.

      Be sure to stop in, check out our links, calendar of events and
      already working on a database for several items including where to
      locate those hard to find parts we're always looking for. We're
      also setting up a complete tech tip section and anyone with
      knowledge of anything hearse or pro car related is highly welcomed
      and encouraged.
      Myself, personally amd becoming an expert in the 1970 through 1976
      Superior Coaches with this restoring and modifying of Cerberus,a
      1974 Superior Cadillac Crown Sovereign Ladaulet Endloader, so I
      will be working on several tips and ideas along the way.

      Thanks,
      Frank Redmond
      Bowie, Texas
    • zenishus
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 4, 2006
        i have a hearse drivetrain in my pickup.does that count?
      • frank redmond
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 4, 2006
          That's a good question.....I know a lot of hearse drivetrains get pulled from their bodies and installed into other vehicles.....I'm presuming the donor was one that wasn't too salvageable?

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 6, 2006
            the floor was rusted away.
          • frank redmond
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 6, 2006
              Yeah, I don't mind when I see a hearse or other pro cr's drivetrain is used for something else if the vehicle wasn't salvagable when the base platform is that of Cadillac typically and the big 472/500's are readily available without having to waste another hearse for one.

              Frank

              zenishus <rkirbyn@...> wrote:
              the floor was rusted away.