Re: 472 into 66 skylark question

  • wildcatkit52
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 14, 2002
      --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@y..., "manik3785"
      <jriley82@h...> wrote:
      > i was reading the guide on the a body swap,and was wondering if
      this
      > applies to the previous generation a bodies,i.e.66 skylark?also
      does
      > anyone know of a company that makes headers to fit?thanx

      Yes this DOES apply to your 66. I can tell you this for a fact
      because I just went out into the shop and looked under the hood of
      our 66 GranSport that is currently without an engine... I have
      thought about putting a 472 in it, but it is not solely up to me, my
      uncle who is elder of about 7 years wants a 400 SBC... If you ARE
      doing this swap, document it fully and we can add it to our
      archives. Lots of pics through out the process would be great! If
      you would like you can email me at wildcatkit52@... for more
      answers and parts if you need to know where to get them.(car or
      engine) As to headers, you will prolly have to wait until engine is
      in and take measurements to see what you need to go with. I am going
      to post some pics of the GranSport in pics so you can look at'em...