472 into 66 skylark question

  • manik3785
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 14, 2002
      i was reading the guide on the a body swap,and was wondering if this
      applies to the previous generation a bodies,i.e.66 skylark?also does
      anyone know of a company that makes headers to fit?thanx
    • Pollorey
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 14, 2002

        Sanderson's new CAD500 works in street rods and any later model chassis that doesn't have a crossmember located behind the motor mounts.
        I don't know if they fit.
        i was reading the guide on the a body swap,and was wondering if this
        applies to the previous generation a bodies,i.e.66 skylark?also does
        anyone know of a company that makes headers to fit?thanx

      • wildcatkit52
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 14, 2002
          --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@y..., "manik3785"
          <jriley82@h...> wrote:
          > i was reading the guide on the a body swap,and was wondering if
          this
          > applies to the previous generation a bodies,i.e.66 skylark?also
          does
          > anyone know of a company that makes headers to fit?thanx

          Yes this DOES apply to your 66. I can tell you this for a fact
          because I just went out into the shop and looked under the hood of
          our 66 GranSport that is currently without an engine... I have
          thought about putting a 472 in it, but it is not solely up to me, my
          uncle who is elder of about 7 years wants a 400 SBC... If you ARE
          doing this swap, document it fully and we can add it to our
          archives. Lots of pics through out the process would be great! If
          you would like you can email me at wildcatkit52@... for more
          answers and parts if you need to know where to get them.(car or
          engine) As to headers, you will prolly have to wait until engine is
          in and take measurements to see what you need to go with. I am going
          to post some pics of the GranSport in pics so you can look at'em...